Friday, October 27

Employment


IMG_0075, originally uploaded by bartemeo-negro.

For those of you who don't know yet, I found some work over here. I've got a friend who works for an NGO and their trying to open an office in Damascus. He knew I was here, so there you go. Right place, right time. It's the end of Ramadan, Eid, which is mainly a week long holiday, so nothing has gotten off the ground yet. I'll say more about it when there's something to tell. Right now, though, it's an offshoot from their work in Baghdad. There are a lot of refugees here from Iraq that the local gov isn't able to provide for. We'll be trying to help them find medical attention, access to shooling, job training, etc.

Also, more pics on my flickr page to come soon. I was in Aleppo a few days ago and I'm heading to Bosra tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home